Each week, I research and compile a simple bite-sized screencast tailor made for Sysadmins and DevOps folks. The episode topic is distilled down into something around 10-20 minutes with an easy to understand demo at the end. The goal is to create the type of site that I wish existed!
I want to save you the time, money, and effort, of doing this research yourself. Cloud, DevOps, and Automation, are rapidly changing the tech landscape. Beyond the fundamentals, you cannot easily learn about the latest tools in school, as things are moving quickly. So, it helps to be continually self-learning online.
Thanks for popping by. I'm Justin and this is my site. I live on the West Coast of Canada. I have been a Linux geek for 20+ years. I am very thankful for the internet, as it has allowed me to learn so much, and I want to pass that along to others via this site. I have been lucky enough to work for a few fast growing local startups, the research arm of the Canadian Government, Docker, Google, and now somewhere else. Opinions are my own and not the views of my current/former employers.
You can use the following keyboard hotkeys on the episode show page.
- Space bar toggles play/pause.
- Right and Left Arrow keys seek the video forwards and back (5 second seek).
- Up and Down Arrow keys increase and decrease the volume (in 0.1 steps).
- M key toggles mute/unmute.
- F key toggles fullscreen off and on. (Does not work in Internet Explorer, it seems to be a limitation where scripts cannot request fullscreen without a mouse click)
- Double-clicking with the mouse toggles fullscreen off and on.
- Number keys from 0-9 skip to a percentage of the video (0 is 0% and 9 is 90%).
Please see the Terms and Conditions of Use or contact me.