Each week, I research and compile a simple bite-sized screencast tailor made for Sysadmins and DevOps folks. The episode topic is distilled down into something around 10-20 minutes with an easy to understand demo at the end. The goal is to create the type of site that I wish existed!
I want to save you the time, money, and effort, of doing this research yourself. Cloud, DevOps, and Automation, are rapidly changing the tech landscape. Beyond the fundamentals, you cannot easily learn about the latest tools in school, as things are moving quickly. So, it helps to be continually self-learning online.
Thanks for popping by. I'm Justin and this is my site. I live on the West Coast of Canada. I have been a Linux geek for 20+ years. I am very thankful for the internet, as it has allowed me to learn so much, and I want to pass that along to others via this site. I have been lucky enough to work for a few fast growing local startups, the research arm of the Canadian Government, Docker, and then Google. I now work full-time on this website (early 2019).
Subscriptions guarantee episodes are created and released on a regular schedule. This site is run by a single person, and it takes tons of work to create high-quality content on a weekly basis. So, your support through a subscription really helps! Don't have an account yet? Go signup.
- What does the release schedule look like? Four episodes are released per month, one free, and three Pro episodes (unlocked via a subscription). Having an active subscription grants you access to all content on the site.
- What do I get with a membership? Besides access to all content on the site, both free and paid content, you will also get episode transcripts, and all commands and code shown in the episode.
- What types of plans do you offer? Right now, there are two options, a $9 / monthly (USD) plan, or a $99 / yearly (USD) plan. Both, automatically renew every term, either monthly or yearly, until you cancel your subscription.
- What about receipts? You will receive an email receipt when you first subscribe, and subsequent emails as your subscription is renewed, either monthly, or yearly.
- Are my credit card details secure? Payments are processed through stripe.com, which is a major credit card processor, used by many extremely popular websites. I never actually see your credit card details (besides the card type and the last four digits), as it is processed by Stripe.
- Do you have a RSS feed for subscription based content? Not yet, but I'm working on it.
- Can I cancel my membership? Yes, you can cancel at anytime by logging into your account, and clicking "Cancel Subscription". There are no fees, your credit card will not be charged again, and your subscription will remain active for the duration which you paid.
- Do you offer refunds? Yes. I try really hard to create content which you will find useful. But if you are unhappy, just send me an email, and I will offer a complete refund within 7 days of the purchase date.
- What happens if you miss a week off? Subscription will automatically be credited with a one week extension.
You can use the following keyboard hotkeys on the episode show page.
- Space bar toggles play/pause.
- Right and Left Arrow keys seek the video forwards and back (5 second seek).
- Up and Down Arrow keys increase and decrease the volume (in 0.1 steps).
- M key toggles mute/unmute.
- F key toggles fullscreen off and on. (Does not work in Internet Explorer, it seems to be a limitation where scripts cannot request fullscreen without a mouse click)
- Double-clicking with the mouse toggles fullscreen off and on.
- Number keys from 0-9 skip to a percentage of the video (0 is 0% and 9 is 90%).
Please see the Terms and Conditions of Use or contact me.